This past Sunday was the submission day for application for Google Teacher Academy. It is ironic that the submission day was also my birthday. I'm hoping that is a good sign.
I'm hoping to be selected to learn aside many other GTA educators and continue to network and build my Professional Learning Network.
What do I hope to gain from GTA:
- Connect with educators from all over the world
- Build and grow my Professional Learning Network
- Add my expertise in grading, assessment and flip-teaching to the GTA
- Improve my knowledge and skill in the area of Google Apps
- The ability to come back to my district and train other educators since we are a google Apps district.
- Become a better user of sketchUp
- Begin and continue my love of Google Products!
My GTA video:
Information about Google Teacher Academy:
The GTA is a FREE professional development experience designed to help primary and secondary educators from around the globe get the most from innovative technologies. Produced by CUE, each Academy is an intensive, two-day event during which participants get hands-on experience with Google's free products and other technologies, learn about innovative instructional strategies, receive resources to share with colleagues, and immerse themselves in a supportive community of educators making impact.
What is Google Teacher Academy?: http://www.google.com/edu/teachers/google-teacher-academy.html
About Google Teacher Academy: http://www.freetech4teachers.com/2012/04/about-google-teacher-academy.html
Google Teacher Academy Resources: https://sites.google.com/site/gtaresources/
Sample GTA agenda: https://sites.google.com/site/gtaresources/events/2011-04-20