Today's homily at my church (link coming soon) gave me focus. The topic being, "What is mine to do?"
In light of the recent upheaval I feel it's time to think, reflect and refocus. What am I to do in light of such a horrific tragedy?
I am to:
- cherish every moment with ever student. Especially the tough moments.
- care deeply about ever student. Go beyond the surface.
- provide the best opportunity, using the talents I am given, to learn, grow, and share.
- provide safety and security at all times.
- provide a shoulder to lean on when a student or colleague needs it.
- leave every day having done everything I can for every person I meet.
- meet every day with a "YES!" and provide that same answer when asked if I can help.
- build strong relationships with students.
- build strong relationships with parents.
- realize the curriculum is important, but more important is the time I spend with each of my students and colleagues.
- ensure that my classroom is a place where teachers/students can take risks, learn from mistakes, and develop their passion.
- share my passion with my students and colleagues.
- approach life with love, everyday.