This lesson was so much fun for the kids and me. We had a blast, the room was completely silent with intermiten bursts of laughter. Every kid was engaged and was BY FAR the best lesson. I often get scared that something won't work or that kids won't like it, it all worked out, kids loved it, they had fun and they practiced a new skill. We will finish the products on Friday.
- Teach note taking as a skill by completing lesson 43 in the daybook activity.
- Give feedback on lesson 43.
- Teach note taking in the content area by giving them a section of a textbook and asking them to write a two column response. (How to)
- Give feedback on determining supporting detail to a concept.
- Have students read an article and publicly organize their thoughts on what they feel is important.
- Copies of Lesson 43 in daybook.
- Copies of content area textbook (I used two pages from my science textbook from Prentice Hall)
- Copies of article to read and take notes on
- Reserve the mobil lab
- limit number of students per document to increase collaboration (see image below)
Go to the following links see what they did, or watch my screencast below: (Directions and scoring guide for the activity located on the typewith.me document.)