- Complete Lesson 45 from Daybook: Reading a Website
- Gave feedback on Lesson 45
- Gave students opportunity to read through three websites
- F-shaped pattern fo reading web content
- How users read the web
- Usability 101: Introduction to usability
- Started a google presentation, shared with anyone with link and gave editing preferences to the class. Told each student to take one slide to communicate learning.
- Copied Daybook lesson 45: reading a website
- Reserved a computer lab
- Created google presentation, shared to anyone with a link
- Used google shortener for all the websites and the google presentation
Evidence of Student Learning
- Here's what students made, scoring guide posted on slide 2: Presentation here
What will I do differently next time?
- I will add the activity of having kids research the “northwest tree octopus” and the http://martinlutherking.org/ website which are both Hoax websites. (thanks @Ideaguy42)
- Use www.twurdy.com to find readability of searched websites. Great way to help students determine reading level appropriate to their own personal level.