I recently got back from #EdcampKC and I am refresher, recharged, and excited about education as whole.
EdcampKC was held November 10th at Lee Summit North High School. The entire event was led and organized by Kyle Pace, Steve J. Moore, and Laura Gilchrist.
The event is an "unconference" and is designed to be entirely led by the people in attendance. The sessions presented are decided the day of and people are charged to collaborate and share their passions, ideas, questions and conversations.
Here are some resources I found from the day:
- If this then that: http://ifttt.com/ Make the web work for you! Already set this up to tweet for me every time I post a blog item. AWESOME! Endless possibilities.
- @stevejmoore- "PD is a place to come together to solve problems, not a talent show."
- @ideaguy42: Education for Sustainability must be a part of our success definition. http://t.co/VIHoVOXM
- Google DOC archive of #edcampkc https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B34Q47bMc_4WODJ5NHBfNUlrSFE/edit
- Make pictures interactive: http://www.thinglink.com
- @jmarkeyAP Heard about the http://t.co/x2L49Z0s project at #edcampkc today. Love what the Leyden learning community is doing
- @stevejmoore: Finally figured out the perfect metaphor for the #edcamp, it's "potluck PD"
- Don't miss out on http://www.lessonlogs.com/ - A digital lesson organizer for music teachers
- @sjunkins: Interested in Flipped Learning? watch this video! https://www.fi.ncsu.edu/project/fizz/pd/lecture
- #aurorahuskies @phillipshuskies video Math Fun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cd9tr6ogJ0&feature=youtu.be
- @sjunkins: StudyBlue - Study from Anywhere. http://www.studyblue.com/
- @ideaguy42 I think we are conditioned to be successful, not to innovate. PD needs to address that
- TLC at the Beach: an Oceanfront Edtech Experience. Now accepting proposals! http://sjunkins.wix.com/tlc13#!home/mainPage
- @cybraryman1: Posted #edcampbmore #edcampmsp Smackdowns http://cybraryman.com/smackdown.html
- ME! on a cow!
- @kylepace: Talking Google Apps and iPad and how they work together. #edcampKC
- Ted Talk: The Power of Introverts. http://www.ted.com/talks/susan_cain_the_power_of_introverts.html
- FlippedPD: Applying the Principles of Flipped Learning to Professional Development. http://www.flippedpd.org/
- I'm still updating my mural.ly http://beta.mural.ly/!/#/mrspedtechtalk/1352566551359
- @sjunkins: Capture Video Interviews with InterVue. http://intervue.me/
- @Mrskmpeters http://educlipper.net/ is the BEST alternative for Pinterest for educators
- @SNewco: Everything QR Codes http://www.themobilenative.org/2011/12/qr-what.html
- @ELanghorst: Blog Post on students creating common craft type videos http://speakingofhistory.blogspot.com/2009/03/podcast-184-creating-common-craft-type.html
- @SNewco: iPad Apps Separated by Subject Area http://www.themobilenative.org/2012/07/recent-mobile-learning-findings.html
- @cybraryman1: My Twitter page (Join passionate global educators) http://cybraryman.com/twitter.html
- @stevejmoore: In my #edcampkc session, we are playing with http://gamestarmechanic.com/ after a quick chat about #systemsthinking #21stcenturyliteracy
- Wanted to share our high school standards-based grading FAQ. #edcampkc https://www.dropbox.com/s/q55uza8p9m5wwbd/SBG%20Frequently%20Asked%20Questions.pdf
- Google Apps story builder: http://docsstorybuilder.appspot.com/
- @catlett1: Google Session Learning DOC
- PhraseBOMB app like Catchphrase where you can make your own items
- Best app I've found lately is Aurasma.
- @mickie_mueller: We do Geek Gatherings in our district. Talk about technology in a relaxed casual environment
- Awesome website - "email the superintendant"
- my Scoop.it resources on all things #edtech and #ipaded
- Create Online Media Clouds with SyncroCloud! http://www.syncrocloud.com/
- @russeltarr: My Top Tools for student projects / presentations!
- @techiefeldie Another #eduawesome app site: http://www.appeducation.com/
- Apps in Education http://appsineducation.blogspot.com/p/maths-ipad-apps.html
- Top Mobile Learning Resources http://www.themobilenative.org/p/top-mobile-learning-sites.html
When I got home I used http://searchhash.com/ to download all the tweets and read through them:
TOP TWEETERS: @Mrskmpeters= 67 @usamimi74 = 53 ME! = 43 @ELanghorst = 40@stevejmoore = 39 J
Capturing the day:
Images from the day: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gilchristlaura/sets/72157631980875287/
What did they say in their tweet?