- Clear goals and expectations for student achievement and classroom instruction.
- Formats and structures for regular teacher interaction. (keep in mind that structures must be in place, training must have been completed so that this interaction is proactive and productive and not detrimental to the school community).
- Formalized process for sustained professional development to ensure all staff have the skills necessary to attain goals.
- Systems for formally monitoring and evaluating progress.
- Allocation of resources to accomplish goals.
- Collective, shared leadership to ensure goals and expectations are met.
- Clearly articulated data-driven goals for student achievement and classroom instruction requiring the use of research-based strategies.
- Tomorrows leaders of our community meeting – Teacher evaluation: Chris Lindquist
- ASCD article – Evaluations that help teachers learn
- ASCD Education Update Vol 52 no.12 – Teaming up to lead instruction